The Review of Lisa Kleypas Wallflower series : #1 A Secret Of A Summer Night


From www.lisakleypas.com :

Secrets Of A Summer Night is the first novel in my Wallflower series, about four young ladies who enter London society with one common goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband. So a daring husband-hunting scheme

Annabelle Peyton, determined to save her family from disaster, decides to use her beauty and wit to tempt a suitable nobleman into making an offer of marriage. But Annabelle's most intriguing--and persistent-- admirer, wealthy, powerful Simon Hunt, has made it clear that while he will introduce her to irresistible pleasure he will not offer marriage. Annabelle is determined to resist his unthinkable proposition... but it is impossible in the face of such skillful seduction.

Her friends, looking to help, conspire to entice a more suitable gentleman to offer for Annabelle, for only then will she be safe from Simon--and her own longings. But on one summer night, Annabelle succumbs to Simon's passionate embrace and tempting kisses... and she discovers that love is the most dangerous game of all.  


What I Think :

I wonder why I have never interested on Lisa Kleypas book before, this one because I read Dream of You ( also by LK, and it was because I read Julia Quinn's novel - The Bridgerton Sagas, that I ecounter LK's book.

Ok,first of all, I have to tell you that I really enjoyed watching this book, it was medium pace, with a great plot, a poor heroine, who's in need of money, and didn't ashame of voicing that she is indeed in a dire situation of needing a husband. Come Annabelle Peyton, the beautiful yet poor heroine from an aristocrate family, who doesn;t mind having an fat, old but teeth must intact blue blood husband, so her family could eat. She was befriended but other wallflower girls, a wild  american , Lilian and Daisy Bowman, shy and timid english   heiress Evangeline Jenner, together they help eah other to finding a blueblood husband in the soiety.

Enter Simon Hunt, a rich working class man who set on making Annabelle his from the first moment he laid his eyes on her, but of course, every pursuit that he made towards Annabelle always been brushed lightly by her, but  Simon is determined, beside, he is the richest man, probably the richest in England.

So the hunt started, Annabelle for finding someone from her class, and Simon for luring Annabelle, with his charm and all, until one unplanned but planned situation happen between them, so that they got married.

Upon their marriage, Annabelle realize how Simon truly is, and little by little she started to respect Simon. And Simon litte by little started to give his heart to Annablle, and realize that she is the one that he need.

Rating:
5/5

I so enjoyed reading the book, the story was great the seduction is great, and how Simon sedue Annabele is oh so romantic.... totally... great... no need to say...  

http://www.lisakleypas.com/booksecretsofsummer.asp

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

HOT STUFF

FAVORITE STYLE OF THE YEAR : INDONESIAN CIREBON BATIK

Indonesia has lots of cultures, from the variety of foods to its traditional clothes. One of them is The Cirebon Batik.

Like any typical places in Java, Cirebon has its own style in the Batik art. It's mostly got something to do with the drawing or the clouds, or mega. And it's as beautiful as any other Batik in any other places in Indonesia.

And that is why I'm searching for the style of the Cirebon Batik a year ago, the wannabe designer in me always have the urge to once again live up my childhood dream.

And since the fabric is so flowy and thin ( but of course with a good quality), it's good to wear at the tropical weather like here.

So I hope you enjoy looking at some of my design, please go to the FB page. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Dnins-House/167428916602432

Rp.80.000

WHO'S HERE


statistics

Followers

    Real technique Bold Metal Collection

    MY WISH LIST : Real Techniques Brushes Metal Edition

    I Just Love love love Real Technique Brushes. I have been following Pixiwoos make up turorial in Youtube since forever, and I love Sam Chapman tutorial, I think she's briallian. Sam and Nic been releasing brushes product, which I found so very good, and I have been buying those brushes, and feel happy about it. Aaaaannndd the latest edition would be the bold metal edition, I wish they are here already in Indonesia, so I can grab those for my self :)

    You can see the link here btw

    Popular Posts

    MY BOOK WISH LIST

    I fell in love with Andrea Kane when I read her great novel Samantha .. and I so want to read her other novel, specially sam's brother story Drake, which I read before in her book... think he's great... Anyone in jakarta would tell me if you have this one???? please



    MY WISH LIST : MAC 24 PVS MAKE UP BRUSH + LEATHER POUCH

    I 've been yearning to have the complete series of professional make up brush, face, eyes, and lips... from the biggest to the smallest. Been searching for the top brand names, but I probably settle for the knock out ones.. lol, still it made me smile.

    Other names, such as MAC, Bobbi Brown, Make Up forever, Sygma, has it's own kits, and they all are beautiful, and expensive.

    So, I've decided to save up and buy all those things at the end of the year...

    Ganbatte Inten.....

Recent Comments